Wednesday, January 17, 2018 (11:59 PM Central) for Research Sessions and Research Posters
The American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE) Annual Conference is the premier educational and networking event for diabetes educators. This is an exceptional opportunity to be a part of innovation in the world of diabetes and healthcare. More than 3,300 diabetes educators and other healthcare professionals are expected to gather at AADE18 in Baltimore, Maryland Friday, August 17 – Monday, August 20, 2018. Turn your passion into action as you connect, collaborate, and educate yourself and others on the latest in diabetes education.
The Annual Conference Planning Committee invites you to submit a proposal to be considered for presentation in Baltimore.
Education Session Tracks:
Click here for or track descriptions and the 2018 priority topics.
- AADE7 IN PRACTICE
- BUSINESS MODELS
- CLINICAL THERAPEUTICS OF GLYCEMIC MANAGEMENT
- PATHOPHYSIOLOGY: ORIGINAL AND MANAGEMENT STRATEGIES
- POPULATION HEALTH
- PREVENTION/DELAY OF TYPE 2 DIABETES
- TECHNOLOGY: DEVICES, DATA AND PATIENT GENERATED HEALTH DATA
- Research Session – 30 minutes. Research sessions seek to present new and unpublished research to conference attendees. The body of your abstract must include the purpose, significance, subjects, design and methods, data analysis and results (statistical tests if appropriate) interpretation and conclusions of the study. If applicable, note any funding source.
- Poster (Research) – Poster presentations communicate diabetes concepts and data to an audience using a combination of visuals (graphics, charts, diagrams, etc.) and text. An opportunity to engage AADE18 attendees in discussion is made available through dedicated poster sessions.
Questions/Ideas: Please contact AADE staff if you have a question about how best to submit your proposal. Peter Kim, firstname.lastname@example.org
The submission process is divided into tasks that must be completed before you can submit your proposal. The submission site will allow you to save your work after each task is completed; however, you do not have the ability to save your work mid-task.
The submission site requires the following information. We recommend that you review the required information prior to starting your submission to ensure you have everything you need to submit and begin your submission well in advance of the deadline. Users unfamiliar with the submission site and last-minute rushes to submit work are the primary sources of error in the submission process.
- Session Title – 100 maximum characters; AADE reserves the right to adjust Session titles
- Session Type
- Research Session – 30 minutes
- Poster (Research)
- Presenters – All individuals (presenters and planners) who contributed to the work discussed in the education session proposal are to be listed:
- Contact information – Name, email address
- Professional Information – Title/Position, Company/Organization, Credentials
- Role – Submitter, Primary presenter, Co-presenter
- Other required details – Description of current position, Professional Experience/Publications, Academic Degree, Speaker Biography
- Track – See above for detailed tracks and their descriptions
- Content Outline – Briefly identify major concepts, the amount of time spent on each topic, and the appropriate presenter. Click here for an example of a correct content outline.
- Description of Presentation – Maximum of 120 words. Descriptions appear in promotional materials (e.g., registration brochure, online program).
- Learning Objectives – Three (3) learning objectives that must begin with an action verb. Describe what you want the participants to have learned at the end of the presentation. Click here for an example of approved Learning Objectives.
- Conflict of Interest and Disclosures – Details regarding conflict of interest information and off-label usage is required. Planners and presenters who do not provide conflict of interest will be disqualified. Industry speakers are not permitted to present unless the topic is unrelated to their products and services
- Policies – Must indicate acceptance of all policies:
- Speaker Changes – No speaker substitutions may be made after the education session proposal review process has been completed.
- Commercial Relationships – Individuals employed by a commercial interest are not permitted to present, unless the topic is unrelated to their products or services. A commercial interest is defined as any entity producing, marketing, reselling, or distributing healthcare goods or services consumed by or used on patients, or an entity that is owned or controlled by an entity that produces, markets, resells, or distributes healthcare goods or services consumed by or used on patients. Providers of clinical service directly to patients are not ‘commercial interests.’ Use of commercial interest supplied slides or handouts is not allowed.
- Registration – Speakers who are a part of an accepted oral education or oral research session will receive complimentary full meeting registration. (Note: Speakers/Submitters for Case Studies and Posters are not eligible for complimentary registration.)
- Promotional Materials – AADE reserves the right to change session titles, descriptions, etc. for use in the promotional materials.
- Recording – AADE records all presentations (audio and slides), may use your name in connection with the presentation and may create educational training products from Annual Conference presentations. Use of these materials in no way prohibits your use of these materials in any manner.
- Deadlines for Accepted Presentations – Completed author information/descriptions January 31; Completed registration March 31; Completed power point slide presentation June 30.
Dates to Remember
Submission Deadline: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 (11:59 PM Central)
Notification of Acceptance: No later than February 28, 2018