About the Education Program
Join us for AADE17!
Friday, August 4– Monday, August 7
Indiana Convention Center
AADE17 will be packed with expert – speakers in the field of diabetes education, thought provoking panel discussions, stimulating educational sessions, share innovative ideas, network with leaders in diabetes care and colleagues, the opportunity to earn continuing education credits and have fun!
AADE17 will allow you to connect, collaborate, and educate yourself and others about pressing diabetes-related issues.
At the conclusion of AADE17, participants should be able to:
- Apply knowledge gained through attending presentations, networking with peers, and learning about new products and services to advance one’s practice and career.
- Increase perspective on the changing face of health care, healthcare systems, payment models and diabetes and communication technologies to deliver clinically- and cost-effective care to people at risk for and affected by diabetes.
- Establish novel and innovative programs and collaborations with a broad array of diabetes stakeholders to advance the role of diabetes educators and promote involvement in chronic disease prevention and management in diverse populations.
- Identify expansive opportunities for professional development, role enhancement and career advancement.
Type of Activity
This activity includes both knowledge-based and application-based education session.
This continuing education activity should be of interest to nurses, pharmacists, registered dietitians, PAs, nurse practitioners and other healthcare professional who care for individuals with diabetes and other related conditions.
Variety of Educational Formats
AADE17 will be more expansive than ever with engaging sessions, dynamic speakers and new opportunities to explore diabetes prevention and management.
Education Sessions will focus on:
- Advance Skills for Program and Business Management for Entrepreneurial Organizations
- Build Skills to Provide Diabetes Education and Support within Evolving Healthcare Systems
- Innovative Diabetes Care and Education Across Diverse Populations
- Pathophysiology, Epidemiology, and Clinical Management of Prediabetes, Diabetes & Related Chronic Conditions
- Pioneer Diabetes Technologies and Connected Health Modalities to Deliver Cost-Effective Care
- Psychosocial Issues and the Promotion of Lifestyle Behavior Change
- General Sessions – (60 minutes) An exceptional lineup of keynote speakers will share their research, leadership, and innovation in diabetes care.
- Education Sessions – (60 or 90 minutes) Features application of principles, education, best practices and more from respected leaders in the field of diabetes care.
- Research Sessions – (60 minutes) Two 30 minute presentations that highlight research that can be applied to clinical practice.
- Corporate Symposia – (90 minutes) Each session provides additional educational/informational opportunities.
- Product Theater – (45 minutes) In-depth look at new diabetes products, services and practices. (CE not available)
Click here to submit an Education Proposal.
*All education session are open to participants on a first-come first-serve basis. No registration is required.