Poster Presentations communicate diabetes concepts and data to an audience using a combination of visuals (graphics, charts, diagrams, etc.) and text. All posters will be on display in the convention center Friday through Sunday.
- At least one author/presenter of the poster needs to be a registered for AADE17.
- Authors are responsible for bringing their posters to the Annual Conference.
- Poster size should be 36” tall by 60” wide.
- AADE will provide display boards and velcro.
- Poster set-up time is on Thursday, August 3rd from 2:00 – 4:00 pm in Exhibit Hall J.
- Posters take down will be on Sunday, August 6th from 2:00 – 4:00 pm. Posters remaining after 4:00 pm will be discarded. AADE does not accept responsibility for discarded posters.
- Posters will be on display throughout the meeting. Authors are asked to be at their poster and available for discussion on Friday, August 4th from 12:00 – 1:00pm, Saturday, August 5th from 12:00 – 1:00pm, and Sunday, August 6th from 12:00 – 1:00 pm in the Exhibit Hall J.
- Poster must include the following elements:
- Title at top of poster
- Author(s) and affiliations
- Arrange poster in a neat and orderly manner
- Simple readable fonts to be used, such as Arial, Times New Roman, Tahoma, etc. Avoid all uppercase letters for subheadings or text. Use a dark color for text for readability.
- No materials/attachments should extend beyond the perimeters of the poster.
- Keep charts/drawings/illustrations simple as posters are viewed beyond the regular reading distances of a handout.
- Poster should be self-explanatory, supplementary handouts if needed, must be provided by the author(s).
- Brand names/company logos/service promotions are NOT allowed.
Suggested components for research posters:
- Research Hypothesis, Purpose, or Objective
- Study/Design Methods
- Conclusion/Implications and implementation suggestions