Making time for the exhibit hall at any conference can be a rewarding but challenging experience. There are often so many booths that it can feel overwhelming trying to determine which ones to visit and how to interact with them. 2017 AADE President Nancy D’Hondt has been attending the AADE annual conference and many others for much of her 20+ year career and shares some of her tips on making the most of your exhibit hall time.
- Think of the exhibit hall as an extension of the learning place. In keeping with prior AADE conferences, the AADE18 exhibitors will feature many of the latest and greatest in devices, technologies and tools that impact patient care. Optimize your time in the hall and capitalize on opportunities to keep you on the cutting edge. Learn about new products and gain insight from industry experts. Check your onsite meeting guide for convenient times to visit the exhibit hall.
- Take part in interactive hands-on demonstrations. Nearly every booth has representatives anxious to share information on their product lines, and give you some hands-on experience. Get familiar with new and existing technologies and build your knowledge arsenal to best address the changing landscape in diabetes care and better serve our growing population.
- Learn from top industry experts at the product theater and corporate symposia presentations. These events often take place during unopposed hours and enhance your opportunities to learn about new treatments, updated guidelines, current research and advances in technology. These educational offerings provide a venue for you to learn and interact with leading experts in the field. So, check out the offerings and sign up early because space is limited!
- Speak with medical affairs officers. Most pharmaceutical and device companies will have a representative from their medical affairs team available to address your questions and practice needs. Take the time to connect with them, find your area MSL, discuss trends in the field, and learn how their in-house medical team can help you and your clients.
- Visit three new booths. We often gravitate to the companies and organizations we are most familiar with, which is great! These are likely the entities where we have connections. But remember the saying: “you don’t know what you don’t know.” Step out of your comfort zone and see “what’s up?” I’ll bet you’ll be surprised! Personally, I always challenge myself to visit three new exhibitors each year, and encourage you to do the same.
Enjoy your time at the AADE18 Exhibit Hall!