Join us for AADE18!
Friday, August 17– Monday, August 20, 2018
Baltimore Convention Center
AADE18 will be packed with expert speakers in the field of diabetes education, thought provoking panel discussions, and stimulating educational sessions. Share innovative ideas, network with leaders in diabetes care and colleagues, earn continuing education credits, and have fun!
Education sessions are open to participants on a first-come first-serve basis. No registration is required.
Registration is required for AADE18 Preconferences.
Variety of Educational Formats:
AADE18 will be more expansive than ever with engaging sessions, dynamic speakers and new opportunities to explore diabetes prevention and management:
- General Sessions (60 minutes) – An exceptional lineup of keynote speakers will share their research, leadership, and innovation in diabetes care.
- Case Studies (10 or 15 minutes each) – Case studies with panel discussions intended to be interactive for attendees. 10-15 minutes per case study
- Break-out Sessions – (60-90 minutes) – Featuring application of principles, education, best practices and more from respected leaders in the field of diabetes care.
- Research Sessions – (30 minutes) – Single or multiple presentations that highlight research so that findings can be applied to clinical practice.
- Corporate Symposia – (90 minutes) – Each of these sessions provides additional educational/informational opportunities.
- Posters – Poster Presentations communicate diabetes concepts and data to an audience using a combination of visuals (graphics, charts, diagrams, etc.) and text.
- Level 1 – Foundational: focus on awareness and factual recall; appropriate for those with limited experience of the subject area seeking introductory understanding of the content areas.
- Level 2 – Applied: focus on understanding and comprehension; appropriate for those with some experience seeking to build on, apply, or enhance existing knowledge using content in practical applications to master concepts.
- Level 3 – Strategic: focus on application and implementation of highly technical or detailed topics; appropriate for those with substantial prerequisite knowledge seeking the most up-to-date information to heighten.
At the conclusion of AADE18, participants should be able to:
- Apply knowledge gained through attending presentations, networking with peers, and learning about new products and services to advance one’s practice and career.
- Summarize the changing face of healthcare, healthcare systems, payment models and diabetes and communication technologies to deliver clinically- and cost-effective care to people at risk for and affected by diabetes.
- Produce novel and innovative programs and collaborations with a broad array of diabetes stakeholders to advance the role of diabetes educators and promote our involvement in chronic disease prevention and management in diverse populations.
- Identify expansive opportunities for professional development, role enhancement and career advancement.
Education Session Tracks:
For further information on the track topics, click here
- AADE7 IN PRACTICE
- PREVENTION/DELAY OF TYPE 2 DIABETES
- BUSINESS MODELS
- POPULATION HEALTH
- TECHNOLOGY: DEVICES, DATA AND PATIENT GENERATED HEALTH DATA
- CLINICAL THERAPEUTICS OF GLYCEMIC CONTROL
- PATHOPHYSIOLOGY: ORIGINAL AND MANAGEMENT STRATEGIES
Click here to submit an education abstract