Guidelines for Submitting Presentations
Speakers must submit their presentation via AADE’s Upload Center web site, located at https://www.conferenceharvester.com/harvester2/login.asp?EventKey=SYCJCHUP
by Friday, May 19, 2017. All presentations will be reviewed by AADE Content Development staff to ensure they do not include any perceived commercial bias. Presentations that are not uploaded on by the deadline, will not be reflected in the Onsite Meeting Guide.
Steps for Preparing the Presentation
- Please create your presentation using the AADE17 Annual Meeting Power Point template.
- Make sure the first slide of the presentation includes the title of the presentation and names of the presenters as accepted by the AADE Annual Meeting Planning Committee.
- AADE does not impose a slide limit, however, presentations should be 50 minutes long plus 10 minutes of question and answer time for a total of 60 minutes.
- Commercial logos and marketing messages are prohibited in presentations.
- Please save your presentation using the following file name: LastName_FirstName_DDMM For example:
On February 5, Lisa Boehner would save her file as: Boehner_Lisa_0502
On March 13, John Worthers would save his file as: Worthers_John_1303
Steps for Submitting Presentation
- An email will be sent with a link to the session upload center. Please note that the email will contain your username and password.
- Once you click the link, your credentials will be pre-populated. Make sure to save this email or save the link to your Favorites, as you will need to access this site to make changes to your presentation.
- You will be directed to the User “Tasks” section of the site. Follow each step
- Click on the link Upload Files (located in the right section of the page).
- Select Browse to find your presentation.
- Once your files are selected click Submit to upload the files.
Accessing the Presentation at the Meeting in Indianapolis
- If you choose to, you may review and edit your presentation in the Speaker Ready Room.
- Your presentation will be automatically loaded on the computer in your presentation room.
- All session rooms include a computer, LCD projector, screen, sound support, slide advancer and microphones for successful presentations.
- When it is your turn, your presentation will be projected onto the screen by a technician.
- Once the presentation is launched, you will control the program using a slide advancer.
- At the end of the meeting, all files will be destroyed, and the computer hard drives will be reformatted.
- Computers in session rooms are Windows-based PCs, using Microsoft PowerPoint 2007.
- All videos should be an .avi or .mpg (not .mov) format, so they run properly.
- Presentations should be reviewed in the Speaker Ready Room to confirm that the file displays correctly.
We recommend you bring a copy of your presentation to the meeting in case of a problem. Feel free to bring a Compact flash card, Memory Stick, Multi-media card or SD Card.
Ability to Edit PowerPoint Files in Speaker Ready Room
All PowerPoint presentations can be reviewed and edited in the Speaker Ready Room. It is recommended that all presentations be reviewed and edited for final version no less than two hours prior to the beginning of your session.
We can only supply fonts that are included in the base installation of Windows. Any font other than these will need to be embedded into your PowerPoint presentation. For information on embedding fonts see below. We suggest using the fonts such as Times New Roman, Arial and Tahoma. Use of fonts not included in Windows can lead to words that bleed into graphics or bullets that may be the wrong style.
You can embed the fonts into your presentation by following these steps:
- Click File, and then Save As.
- On the Tools drop down menu select Embed TrueType Fonts.
- On the File menu, click Save As.
- On the toolbar, click Tools, click Save Options, select the Embed TrueType Fonts check box, and then do one of the following: o To embed all the characters in the font set, select embed all characters (best for editing by others).
Note If you plan to have others review and edit your file, it’s best to embed the full font set, though that creates a larger file.
- Click the Office button, and then PowerPoint Options.
- Select the Save Tab and Check the box to Embed Fonts in the file.
For questions regarding your presentation materials, please contact:
Peter Kim, Project Manager, Education Department
Phone: 800.338.3633 ext. 4861
Email: [email protected]